Thursday, March 15, 2012

Laugh at the confusion, Smile through the tears

And keep reminding yourself that Everything Happens For A Reason.

 And after this last week or so I am beginning to see the truth in this belief. Last week was extremely busy and somewhat crazy. I was almost convinced the Earth must have been off it's axis but I now realize it was just fate closing one door and opening so many others.  So, I'm just going to let the stars align and enjoy the ride!

I was able to efficiently workout while traveling last week. I even managed to get an amazing beach run in with a stop at the beach park incorporating push ups, pull ups, dips and abs. This was by far my favorite workout of the week.  I was rushed for time every day and although I might not have been on the stair mill or pounding the pavement, I was in my room working up a sweat doing jumping jacks, push ups, crunches, lunges and dips. Friday, I rushed back to the gym in time for Coach Doug to inspect my "damage" which he had already seen from check in pictures.  Basically, there was no damage and he was impressed with my dedication to diet and exercise while traveling. However, I was a little nervous to see Coach because I had managed to have my first true breakdown while traveling. Unfortunately, several people got the wrath of my breakdown via text.  Then I ate (I was a few hours behind schedule when this occurred), normalized and apologized to everyone involved. My teammates were so caring and genuinely concerned about me even sympathizing with me.  It's such an asset having these amazing ladies there to watch your back, rub your back, be the shoulder to cry on or to be your biggest fan and motivator.  I was able to explain myself and frame of mind to Coach Doug and back to business we went.  If anything, this guy has probably seen every breakdown a woman can have and still wants to be surrounded by us daily........ so he's either crazy or passionate about his work, friends and family.

Saturday was a big day for team TBA. Scheduled was a photo shoot with the Fabulous Noel Daganta and several teammates were flying in from various parts of the country.  I also had a solo shoot with Noel I had been prepping for all week.  Coach told me during my workout on Friday that I was required to have steak and potatoes for every meal after 5pm.  He even gave me the green light for a little wine with my steak. I once again was waiting for the hidden camera because surely this couldn't have been an option from my coach's mouth.  Coach explained the steak and potatoes would help bring out (POP) my muscles for the shoot and the sugar from the wine would make me vascular.  This sounded like the best eating plan I had heard of in forever (or at least since that last diet plan of only pizza and chocolate I've dreamed of).  I was so excited to go to Ruth Chris's and almost seem like a normal person that night.  It was comical trying to measure out an ounce of wine but I've come this far so I had to be precise on my splurge. And I can't lie, it tasted sooooooooooooooooooo good. I am looking forward to that first glass of wine after I win my Pro Card on April 14th.

Saturday morning I arrived bright and early for the talented Jorge Monroy to begin beautifying me with his magical hands.  I was also excited to see Noel's reaction at my progress since our last photo shoot when I was only 2 weeks into the diet in January.  He seemed more than surprised and was nothing but complimentary the entire shoot.  I have to say it felt good to see the look on his face.  We had a great time shooting for the hour and I am anxiously awaiting those pictures too.  All morning some of the out of town teammates began to arrive and I was finally able to see how beautiful these ladies were in person.  I think we were all excited to meet each other.  Also, seeing majority of our teammates in one room was AMAZING.  There was of course even a little friendly competition while we checked out each other's best ASSests, knowing that at some point we would have to be on stage competing against each other. We had teammates in from Nebraska, New York, Florida, Arizona and Southern California.  It was very empowering being surrounded by a group of such multi talented, friendly and warm women.  There was not one ounce of cattiness you would expect in a room full of competitive ladies.  You could honestly feel the warmth of friendship throughout the room as everyone engaged themselves in getting to know one another better.

First chore was a calendar shoot for Harley Davidson.  It had to be quite the scene for innocent bystanders to see over 20 women and their muscles enhancing the bikes. Like any true athletic photo shoot, the ladies had to pump up beforehand to make sure our muscles were POPPING.  Doesn't everyone work out in heels?





Aundrea, me and Tammy Posing Pretty

Coach Doug is a LUCKY MAN....but we are even luckier girls to have him!
And true to the saying, behind every great man is a greater woman.......and looky who is behind Coach.........Karen! We know she's the brains and backbone of the team and Coach!

 Tammy, Shannon, Me, Aundrea and Jess Just Being BADASS!


We wrapped up a very long Saturday with a team meeting, new friendships, fresh ideas and ignited motivation.  Everyone has goals and dreams we are trying to achieve and the WIN taste that much sweeter when shared with friends.  I look forward to watching all of these woman accomplish their dreams.  I know they will be a big part of my success and I just hope I can give back to them what they have already given me.  

4 weeks and 3 days until I hit the WBFF Stage to win my Pro Card in Fitness. This journey has been unlike any other and I'm looking forward to opening the last few chapters.

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”
― Marilyn Monroe




No comments:

Post a Comment